Recreation - CT
Three Aquarion reservoirs are open for fishing by permit:
- The Saugatuck, in Redding and Weston. At this reservoir we offer a fishing dock accessible to wheelchair users, located in Weston at the intersection of Valley Forge and Davis Hill Roads.
- The Far Mill, in Shelton.
- The West Pequonnock, in Monroe.
Fishing season begins the third Saturday of April and ends on the last day of December. Ice fishing is prohibited. During fishing season, you may fish daily, including holidays, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Anglers 16 years of age or older must have a valid State fishing license to apply for an Aquarion Water Company fishing permit. Anglers under the age of 16 are not required to have a permit, but must be accompanied by an adult permit-holder.
- Anglers 65 years of age or older are eligible for a lifetime permit.
- Non-residents and Connecticut residents with valid State fishing licenses may purchase a season or daily permit. Nonresidents, with a valid three-day non-resident fishing license, may only purchase daily permits.
- Fishing is permitted only from the shoreline. Boating, flotation devices and waders are prohibited.
- To help us protect the public water supply from contamination, the introduction of alewives into the water is prohibited. Also, please do not empty bait containers into the reservoir to help us protect the public water supply from contamination.
- Cleaning fish on the shoreline or elsewhere on the Conservation Lands property is prohibited.
How to obtain a permit
To purchase a permit you will need a valid Connecticut fishing license. Season permit fees are $25.00, one-day permits are $5.00, and permits for senior citizens and physically challenged anglers are free.
Permits can be obtained at:
Watershed & Environmental
714 Black Rock Road (Rt. 58)
Easton, CT 06612-1146
Easton Town Clerk
Monroe Town Clerk
Redding Town Clerk
Trumbull Town Clerk
Weston Town Clerk
Candlewood Bait & Tackle Co.
Harborview Bait and Tackle
J & B Sales & Service
Marine Sports Center
Newtown Bait & Tackle
Stratford Bait and Tackle
For More Information:
Be Our Guest brochure – Essential information about fishing, hiking and other ways of safely enjoying our beautiful lands and reservoirs.
Downloadable Fishing Maps