Mandatory Water Restrictions To Begin On April 15, 2017
In light of the recent drought and MA-DEP regulatory limits on the amount of water Aquarion is allowed to withdraw from its water supply sources (wells and reservoir), the company is imposing mandatory water restrictions on outside watering and irrigation in Hingham, Hull and North Cohasset. Despite the recent wet weather, the amount of water that Aquarion is authorized to withdraw from the environment remains unchanged. As a result, the following annual water restrictions are being put in place and will become effective April 15, 2017 through October 15, 2017:
- No operation of irrigation systems or hose-end sprinklers between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Watering by sprinkler or irrigation systems is allowed on Customers’ assigned day only before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m.
- Customers’ assigned days are as follows:
- Odd addresses: Tuesdays and Saturdays;
- Even addresses: Wednesdays and Sundays;
- Hand watering is allowed anytime, unless prohibited pursuant to Section 25 regarding Drought Condition Restrictions.
The Company may institute further restrictions as conditions or regulations may require.
For more information about these water restrictions or our customer water conservation programs please feel free to contact us at 1-800-928-3734.